PhD in Computing
- Grado académico
- PhD in Computing
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 7 years, starting from September, 2012.
- Prof. Gonzalo Navarro
US$ 31.150 (Programa Completo)
Valor matrícula 2017: CLP$131.250
- Departamento Ciencias de la Computación, Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- Beauchef 851, 2do. Piso, Santiago, Chile.
- +562 29784891
The PhD in Computing is a program oriented to give the students a solid background and the capability to conduct research in Computer Science, preparing them to make relevant contributions that increase the knowledge in the discipline, and to occupy positions that require knowledge and research capabilities, either in the industry, the academy, organizations or the government.
The graduates of the Program will be able to work as researchers, applying a scientific perspective. In particular, they will be able to identify relevant research problems, formulate and carry out research projects, both individually and in groups, and communicate their results through scientific publications, oral presentations, and other means. The graduates will be able to perform as university professors and researchers, or conduct research and development in scientific-technological companies and institutions, both in Chile and abroad.
The research areas covered by the Program are: Theory of Computing, Data Science and Engineering, Programming Languages, Software Engineering, Computational Science and Engineering, and Computation Centered in People.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply to the Program must have a bachelor or master degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university, certifying a solid background in the specific area of the doctoral program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application, taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of application. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or master's diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation
Hasta el 31 de diciembre del año anterior para ingresar en el semestre de otoño (marzo). Se recomienda antes del 31 de octubre si se postulará a las Becas Conicyt.
Hasta el 30 de junio para ingresar al semestre de primavera (fines de julio).