PhD in Sciences, mention in Astronomy
- Grado académico
- PhD in Sciences, mention in Astronomy
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 7 years, starting from January, 2012.
- Prof. Ricardo Muñoz
Valor Matrícula 2014 : $116.400.-
- Departamento de Astronomía
- Observatorio Astronómico de Cerro Calán, Las Condes
- +562 29771090
This program is aimed at graduates with a degree in Physics, Astronomy or equivalent degrees who plan to complete their professional instruction in Astrophysics, which will permit them to do frontier research. This program is open to candidates of all nationalities.
This PhD program lasts between 6-8 semesters working full time. This program also has set up agreements for paid internships in the University of Yale, starting from the third semester. The student is also able to do his/her PhD thesis under the guidance of those university academics
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Doctoral programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or master degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the doctoral program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application, taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of application. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or master's diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.
Consultar en Facultad.