Master in Sciences, mention in Geophysics
- Grado académico
- Master in Sciences, mention in Geophysics
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 6 years, starting from July, 2010.
- Prof. Javier Ruiz
- Prof. Javier Ruiz
- Blanco Encalada 2002. Casilla 2777, Santiago, Chile
- +562 29780690
This Master Program provides a solid training in theoretical and applied aspects in Geophysics, training its graduates to have a high-level professional performance in activities which this knowledge is relevant. Therefore, this program provides an appropriate training for those interested in continuing an academic research career and undergraduate teaching in Earth Sciences, and also having advantages of entering the PhD program in excellent universities.
From 1990, the Faculty of Physical Sciences and Mathematics of University of Chile offers the Master in Sciences, mention in Geophysics, being the only one institution at a national level that covers the specialization fields in seismology, solid earth physics and atmospheric sciences.
From a professional point of view, this program enables graduates to creatively take part in evaluation and quantitative problem solutions related to earthquakes, seismic risk, seismotectonic, natural resources prospecting (mining, oil, water), studies of geological structures at a regional level, geothermal, land regulation, environment, air pollution, operational meteorology, climatic data use for hydrological, oceanographic, agricultural and mining purposes.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.