Master in Sciences, mention in Astronomy
- Grado académico
- Master in Sciences, mention in Astronomy
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 8 years, starting from January, 2012.
- Prof. Ricardo Muñoz
- Prof: Ricardo Muñoz
- +562 29771090
The aim of this program, created in 1976, is to train students with formal knowledge and research experience in Astronomy, in order to continue their studies doing the PhD program or to work in a wider professional field.
This Master program lasts 3-4 semesters studying full time and students need to do a thesis research. During its process, students are expected to complete a period of studies corresponding a 96 UD general training. This period is formed by courses and research workshops. Thesis research has to last at least one semester.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.