Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Geotechnical Engineering
- Grado académico
- Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Geotechnical Engineering
- Área del conocimiento
- Ciencias Naturales y Matemáticas Tecnología
- Facultad o Instituto
- Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas
- N° de Decreto
- This program was accredited by National Committee on Accreditation for a period of 5 years, starting from April, 2008.
Prof. Ricardo Moffat
- Prof. Ricardo Moffat
- Beaucheff 850, 3° Piso, Santiago, Chile
- +562 29784642
This program, Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Geotechnical Engineering, aims to train experts having great analytical skills and solid knowledge in theoretical and applied aspects in Geotechnics. This program permits specialization in different fields in the area of Geotechnical Engineering, for instance: soil behavior, soil dynamics, soil-structure interaction, foundation engineering, geotechnical engineering of dams, rock mechanics, experimental geotechnics and geotextiles, among others. This program is organized to create in graduates the ability to quantitatively face and solve problems of Civil Engineering related to rock and soil mass stability, under seismic and static loading rate.
This Master in Engineering Sciences, mention in Geotechnical Engineering has included two big problems which are necessary to incorporate in geotechnical experts training. They are: the study of regional deposits typically from Circum-Pacific Belt in associated areas to subduction and a balanced used of new concepts in environmental geotechnical engineering, essential in project development.
On the other hand, more demanding environmental regulations are a must in looking for solutions of engineering compatible with resources, and local geotechnical characteristics, which represent another aim of this Master.
Plan de estudio
Requisitos de Admisión
Students wishing to apply for Master programs offered by the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile must have a bachelor or a professional degree in a similar area, granted by a national or international university certifying a solid background in the specific area of the Master program. The Academic Committee of the program will review each application taking into account all the required background.
Applicants have to submit all their educational records at the moment of applying. Some of them are:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Application Form
- Transcript of records of the previous courses and their programs in case they come from other national or international universities.
- Bachelor's or professional diploma
- A letter of intention, and at least two letters of recommendation.